3.30.2010

It's Race for the Cure Season!

In addition to the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure, the other major fundraising event that Komen for the Cure sponsors is the Race for the Cure.  Race for the Cure events are organized and run by the local Komen affiliates.  Because of that, the majority of the funds raised by the Race for the Cure remain in the local community, funding patient outreach services and awareness activities.



Yesterday, Mike and I registered for our fourth Atlanta Race for the Cure (and my sixth overall!).  The Atlanta Race for the Cure will take place on Saturday, May 8th at Atlantic Station. Race day registration starts at 6:45am and the 5K race starts at 8:30am.  The whole thing is usually done by 11am.  As always, the Atlanta race is scheduled for Mother's Day weekend and I personally think it's a wonderful way to honor my own mom (a breast cancer survivor), my honorary mom Marcia (who passed away last April) and all of the moms that have battled this awful disease.
Registration for the Atlanta event is $25 until April 16th and $30 after that.  Online registration closes on Tuesday, May 4th.  Race day registration is $35 per person.  Finally, the registration fee for all kids 12 and under is $15 and registering to "Sleep In for the Cure" is $40.  You can register as an individual here or as part of our "Relentless Optimism ATL" team here.  For more information about the Atlanta Race for the Cure, please click here.
Because I have yet to reach my minimum for the Breast Cancer 3 Day, I'm not planning to do any active fundraising for the Race for the Cure.  However, the links for my personal page and for Mike's page are in the sidebar and below:

Click here for Kristen's Atlanta Race for the Cure page!

Click here for Mike's Atlanta Race for the Cure page!

Click here for the Relentless Optimism ATL team page!

To see photos from the 2007 and 2008 Atlanta and CNY Race for the Cure events, the links for each album are below.  I also ran in the 2009 Atlanta Race for the Cure, but I don't have any pictures because I was running and didn't bring my camera.  I'll get more this year, I promise!

Click here to view photos from the 2007 Atlanta Race for the Cure!

Click here to view photos from the 2007 Central New York Race for the Cure!

Click here to view photos from the 2008 Atlanta Race for the Cure!

Click here to view photos from the 2008 Central New York Race for the Cure, courtesy of Melissa Campos!

If you would like to participate in the Race for the Cure but don't live in the Atlanta area, you can find out when your local event is by searching here.  Once you register, please shoot me an email and I'll add you to the list of friends and family that are participating below.  Good luck everyone and have fun!

Friends and Family Race for the Cure pages (more to come!)

Catherine Jazmin Gatto de Torres and her husband Vidal are members of the Pink Ladies team in the Richmond, Virginia Race for the Cure!

Joanna Amato is a member of the 2nd Basemen team in the Atlanta Race for the Cure!

For friends and family in Central New York, the CNY Race for the Cure will take place on Saturday, May 15th at the New York State Fairgrounds.  Information about that event can be found here.

For friends and family in the Washington DC area, the Global Race for the Cure will take place on Saturday, June 5th at the National Mall.  Information about that event can be found here.




 All images were captured from Susan G. Komen webpages.  Please don't sue me!

2 comments:

Jenny H. said...

I've signed up for my first 3-day walk in DC this October, and just started a blog to track my progress. Will read through yours to get motivation and inspiration!

Kristen Sager Cincotta said...

Glad to have you! Good luck Jenny!

~ Kristen