5.11.2008

And we're off!

This weekend officially marked the kick-off for the Atlanta area 3-Day training season, at least for me. On Saturday morning, The Hubs and I were among the 15,000 people "racing" for the cure to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Later that afternoon, I officially registered for this year's 3-Day and did one of my first training walks with my friend Kelly who is also planning to walk in the 3-Day. I had a brief moment of doubt about doing the 3-Day again, but after some soul searching, I decided that I had very important, personal reasons for doing it again. So I paid my registration fee, tied on my sneakers and hit the roads for the first of what will be many, many miles leading up to next October. Huzzah!

On an important side note, I haven't yet set up my personal webpage for the 3-Day. When I do, I will definitely put a widget on here so to let everyone know where to go to donate. Moreover, there is now a blog function on the 3-Day site that I can incorporate into my personal page. As of right now, I'm fully intending to use it to keep my donors updating on my progress, so expect to see a number of cross-posts from there on here.

Okay, time for bed. Lots of school work and training coming up in the week ahead!

No comments: