6.26.2008

Pictures from the Race for the Cure!

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated - I've been very busy with my training. I've also been finishing up some long overdue thank you notes from last year's event, which really need to get done before I can really start fundraising for this year!

As I mentioned in my previous posts, Mike and I walked in the Atlanta Race for the Cure back in the beginning of May. Since the R4tC was the official kick-off for my 2008 training, I thought I would share some pictures from our walk.

One of the coolest parts about doing the Race for the Cure in Atlanta is getting to walk in the shadow of the skyscrapers in downtown. Just before the race started, they released pink and white balloons that just looked so pretty against the skyline!















There were ~15,000 people that walked in the Atlanta Race for the Cure. At times, it felt like they were all standing directly in front of us!















Finally, at the end of race, there was a great Expo area where could visit a number of vendors and grab refreshments. I made sure to check out the 3-Day table (in front of the Remax balloon in this picture) and pick up this year's Warriors in Pink scarf from the Ford table. All in all, a great way to kick off training for the 3-Day!!
















The weekend immediately following the Atlanta Race for the Cure was the CNY Race for the Cure in Syracuse. Last year, I was able to walk in both races but unfortunately, I couldn't make it up to Syracuse this year. However, my friend Melissa was there to capture the action for me. My mom and Marcia (my two favorite Survivors!) walked the route with the other "Mag Moms" (the name my high school friends and I have given to our moms who are now also good friends!). These pictures are of the Mag Moms coming up the finish line (Mom is second from the right), and of their whole team, which included lots of friends and family. It looks like such a great day and I was so proud of them (their team raised over $2000!), I just had to share!






























I hope everyone enjoyed seeing these pictures from the Race for the Cure - I have a few more picture posts planned for the next week or so! For now though, to see more pictures from the Atlanta Race for the Cure as well as the 2007 Breast Cancer 3 Day, please visit http://picasaweb.google.com/kscincotta.

No comments: