5.04.2009

It's Race for the Cure Season!

Hi everyone!

It is now May and in my world, that can only mean one thing: Race for the Cure!

This Saturday, I will be walking (or maybe even running!) in the Atlanta Race for the Cure. The event kicks off at 7:30AM at Atlantic Station and I will be there with my pink shoelaces on! To help me reach my fundraising goals ($100 in five days!), please visit my personal fundraising page at http://race.komenatlanta.org/goto/kscincotta. I have added the link over in the sidebar to make things easier.

As I posted below, my friend and surrogate mother Marcia recently lost her long battle with breast cancer. This year, I am walking to honor her memory. Over the years, Marcia was a strong advocate for breast cancer awareness and she worked very hard to raise money for breast cancer research. This will be the first year in a long time that she won't be doing her own Race for the Cure. She was also one of my strongest supporters in the Breast Cancer 3-Day. It is only fitting that we continue her hard work, especially on Mother's Day Weekend.

In addition to my race here in Atlanta, a team has been formed in Marcia's honor for the Central New York Race for the Cure. A link to the team page for "Marcia's Memory" can be found in the sidebar. Both of my parents are walking as a part of that team, and I have linked to each of their pages as well.

Please, please think about making a fully tax-deductible donation to any of us taking part in the Race for the Cure. I know far too many people who have watched their mothers face this awful disease (including my own). It's time to put an end to it once and for all.

No comments: