11.19.2009

I'm back!

It's been about six months since I last posted, but I'm back and ready to go!

After much thought and deliberation, I have decided that I WILL be walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day again in 2010. And not only that, but I have recruited three of my very best friends to join me this time around for the Boston walk in July. We have a long way to go before we get there, but we're getting a head start this year.

As many of you know, we lost my best friend Jen's mom, Marcia, to breast cancer last April. Throughout her battle, Marcia was one of the most ardent supporters of my 3 Day efforts . She wrote me a note during the 2007 3 Day expressing her support, saying that it was "with great hope" that one day, she would be well enough to participate in the 3 Day herself. Sadly, she was never able to fulfill that goal. This year, our team, including Jen, will pick up that torch and walk in Marcia's stead. This year, we are walking for Marcia.

One of the things that was so remarkable about Marcia was her relentless spirit of optimism throughout her ordeal. With that spirit as our inspiration, we have decided to name our 2010 3 Day team "Relentless Optimism" because it is with relentless optimism that we face our biggest challenge: to end breast cancer once and for all!

Please be sure to check back often - I am planning a whole series of posts throughout the next 8+ months, focusing on everything from my fundraising efforts and training to updates about what's going on in breast cancer research and beyond. In addition, we have also started a team blog to help us in our fundraising efforts that can be found at:

http://relentlessoptimismfundraising.blogspot.com/

There, you will find the details of all of our team fundraising activities, training updates and even a link to our new sponsor, Diana's Costume Closet. I have included a link to our team blog as well as a link to my personal fundraising page and more in the sidebar to help you out. Or if you prefer, you can add both of these blogs to your RSS reader of choice using the widget in the sidebar in order to get the most timely updates from me and my team!

Thanks so much for following along. It means so much to me to have so much support from all of my friends and family as I take on this huge challenge yet again!

Kristen

No comments: