2.15.2010

Shopping Alert!

As we all know, yesterday was Valentine's Day.  Since just after Christmas, the stores have been stocking pink and red products.  You couldn't avoid them if you tried.  So what happens now that Valentine's Day is over?

ALL OF THE PINK STUFF IS ON SALE!

 
The Valentines Day Clearance section at the Buckhead Target in Atlanta

Even though most of the Valentine's stuff is covered with hearts, this is still a great opportunity to stock up on things for the Komen 3 Day for the Cure.  We all want to bedeck ourselves, our tents and our teammates in pink on the 3 Day.  Why not do it on the cheap now?

I swung by the Buckhead Target in Atlanta today to see what kinds of things were on sale that might be useful on the 3 Day.  In that glorious pink aisle above, I found a bunch of things that could be great for tent decorating on the event:

From L - R: Faux Fur Throw, Chenille Bath Rug, Shower Curtain -- ALL 50% OFF!

All of these great finds are pretty cheap to start with and are currently on sale for 50% off.  I'm imagining using the Bath Rug as a Welcome Mat and the Shower Curtain as a tent cover.   You could even cut it up and/or write on it to make a banner for your team! In addition to these great "tent" finds, there were also a number of goodies that could be great for a Fundraising Party, including these awesome tea lights:


 
Pink Tea Lights, also 50% off!

In addition to these discount "housewares", all of the Valentine's candy at Target was on sale for 30% off.  Now, I'm not suggesting you buy giant hearts full of chocolates for your fundraising parties, but this a sale worth hitting anyways.  Many of the candy companies have specialty wrappers and colors at Valentine's day that will be hard to find during any other season.  I stocked up on Dove chocolates and Hershey's Kisses today for cheap and I'm on the hunt for pink M&Ms as well.

Outside of the Valentine's Clearance aisle, there were also a number of other goodies to be found at Target.  Pink pajamas were on sale for 50% off that would be perfectly festive in camp at night.  I also found a great deal on pink aluminum water bottles from Gaiam that are currently Buy 1, Get 1 Free.  Since you're going to need at least two water bottles anyways, this a something of a steal!



Awesome pink Gaiam aluminum water bottles (L) and pink pajamas on sale for 50% off

I also came across two things that I didn't buy today (these weren't on sale, alas) but that are definitely going on my wish for the 3 Day in July.  First up, I found what has to be the brightest hot pink sports bra in existence.  You won't miss me in this:

 
So bright, you almost can't look directly at it!

And of course, I wouldn't be me without my crazy shades.  I usually favor the big, bug-eyed sunglasses but this year, might have to shake things up.  Look for me in Boston wearing these AWESOME hot pink shades:

 
I'm almost too cool for the 3 Day in these!


So that was my shopping trip to Target.  Definitely try to hit up your local stores to take advantage of the post Valentine's Day sales to buy some of your 3 Day gear.  I know it's early to be planning, but trust me, you won't find deals on pink gear like this again.  I highly recommend checking out drug stores, craft stores (like Michaels or Joann's Fabrics) and even your grocery stores.  Think creatively and happy shopping!



4 comments:

Diane said...

Kristen,

I found your blog via Facebook and the Susan G. Komen link. I'm glad I did! I did the DC walk last year, by myself, and this year I'm doing Chicago and DC, each with friends who loved what I had to say about the experience (which was life-changing for me!). I'll be registering this week and starting my fund-raising effort ASAP... and I'll be checking back here to see what you're up to as well!! Take care!

Melissa said...

Great idea of checking out Target's sales for some pink goods! I must go there this week!
and btw, you are the coolest in those shades. LOL!

Kinley's Mom said...

I went at lunch today in Washington. There wasn't much left and for some reason items were on 35% which surprised me. I hope there are better deals for everyone else. Good luck.

Kristen Sager Cincotta said...

Thanks everyone! I'm glad everyone is as excited for the 3 Day as I am!