3.16.2010

My 3 Day Birthday Wish List!

Today is my birthday!  In honor of my birthday, I thought I would share with you guys the things that I'm hoping to get this year.

1.  A new camera

I've had a Canon Powershot S2 IS for the last few years and it's been a great camera.  It still is, actually.  The only problem with it is that it's pretty bulky.  It was also kind of expensive.  Because of that, I can't carry it with me for the 3 Day event, a prime picture taking event if there ever were one.  In fact, I don't even really like to carry it with me on training walks, although I love taking pictures as I walk.  So this year, I've got my eye on a new, smaller P & S camera that I can easily shove in my pack for 3 Day events and training walks.  I'm currently deciding between the Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS and the Nikon Coolpix S3000.  Thankfully, my loving husband is going to get me one for my birthday this year.  Thank you Michael!


Canon Powershot SD1300 IS (L) and the Nikon Coolpix S3000 (R)

2.  A 16G iPod Nano

Even though I've had other MP3 players in the past, I've never owned a real iPod.  In the past, I've always had Creative players that worked fine (minus an issue with the headphone jack).  However, when I switched to a MacBook over a year ago, I was suddenly unable to connect to my old, falling apart MP3 player.  I can listen to music on my Droid Eris phone while I train, but I would much prefer to get my hands on a hot pink iPod Nano.  That way, I can switch to the Nike + route tracking system as well!

I love pink electronics!

3.  New sneakers

Truth time:  I haven't bought new sneakers since before the 2008 Atlanta 3 Day.  In fact, despite all the walking miles and even running miles I've put on my trusty Asics GT-2130s (similar to these), I'm still wearing them.  I am long since due for new sneakers, and thanks to my wonderful parents, I'm finally getting them for my birthday this year.  I've been pretty loyal to Asics the last few years, so I'll probably stick with them again this time around.  I would love to get something flashy and hot pink, but I'm going to listen to the wise people at Phidippides running store when I go to get fitted this weekend.

 I would look seriously cool in these Asics Gel-NIMBUS 11s!


4.  Donations.  Lots and lots of donations.

What I want more than anything else for my birthday this year is donations to the 3 Day.  As of today, I am 30 years old.  If 30 people donated $30 to the 3 Day, I would only be $100 short of my minimum.  So if you're reading this and you can donate $30 (or more!), please do it!  It would make my day.  And if you can only spare $10 today, please think about entering either our March Madness or our Fug Madness tournaments.  Every dollar that we raise goes to support breast cancer research that will help save lives in the future.  And that's what I really want for this birthday and for every other birthday:  A world without breast cancer!

No comments: