3.15.2011

Weekly 3 Day Blog Round Up: March 4th - 10th

Apologies for the delay in posting this. As I mentioned when I posted that I was bringing this feature back, there are going to be some weeks where working on my thesis needs to take precedence and this was one of them. I had a draft of my final research paper due and an important meeting with my advisor on Monday so I was chained to my desk all day Friday and Saturday. Sunday morning I was busy running in the JLA ShamRock'N'Roll 5K (which you can see the results from on my new Kristen Runs page!) and with my in-laws stopping through Atlanta for a few hours yesterday, this is my first chance to get this posted. As always, good things come to those who wait! 

Thanks for understanding and happy reading!

First up this week, we have Margie of the Margie's Magenta Miles blog. Margie wrote about a special training walk the she did last week - the LA Race for the Cure. You can read about her experience here

Tammy, the captain of the Atlanta 3 Day team Pink for Life, used her personal blog, My 3 Day Journey to introduce her teammate Anne. You can read Anne's 3 Day story here.

Jen, who writes the ...And We're Walking blog, is stuck on the treadmill until the weather improves and is looking for some great new tunes to listen to as she trains. Share your favorite walking tunes with her here

Lyndsey, whose blog is also called My 3 Day Journey, isn't waiting for the snow to melt. She wrote a little about training in the snow for her Training Tuesday post, which you can find here.

Carole Furr, whose Livejournal is called From the Kelp Forest, recently made the big decision to switch from crewing to walking in the SFO 3 Day. Help cheer her on as she takes on this bigger challenge, here

Carole's husband Jay wrote on his Livejournal about how walking in the 3 Day has helped him realize that he's had enough of putting things off until tomorrow and to take advantage of living every day. You can read his thoughts on this here

On a similar note, Tracy Dart, of the Team Tracy blog, wrote about how one of her fellow survivors embraces every day. There's some great inspiration to be found in this post, which I highly recommend! 

Finally, Jen Hammel, captain of the 3 Day team Lyndas Ladies, posted her wonderful recap video of the 2010 San Diego 3 Day on her YouTube page. You can (and should!) watch her video here.

No comments: